RPG Forums

Go Back   RPG Forums > Role Playing Game Section > Twilight 2000 Forum

Old 11-01-2017, 08:54 AM

Default Twilight 2000

Hi all,
I'm planning on running a Twilight 2000 game in the near future. We're going to just use the core rules plus High Tech for equipment (though I'm thinking of browsing Tactical Shooting at the FLGS to see if it's useful). I have most 4E hardcovers and a few PDFs. Mass Combat (don't have it yet) is another option but I don't think we're going to have huge battles. Any suggestions for other books I should think about? I'm going to be making pre-gens, maybe 10-12 characters to start, presented as character stories on a card followed by the character sheet when a character is chosen. There'll be three to four players so the rest of the pre-gens will become an NPC pool for replacements, though I'm going to allow players to make their own replacement characters later on if they want. To get started, I wrote a little app (in PureBasic) to generate basic characters using the T2K box set rules. It determines stats, army and nationality, specialty and branch, etc. randomly. Nationality is weighted toward American, British, Canadian, W. German, and Dutch with a little Polish and E. German thrown in...other NATO and OPFOR nationalities have a slim chance of coming up. Specialty is weighted toward Infantry, Armor, Medical, and support (mechanics) with a smaller chance of neat things like Special Forces and Intelligence.

For more details : video landing page
Old 11-01-2017, 08:56 AM

Default Starting up game, advice needed

Administrator note: Moved from the Morrow Project Forum where I assume it was misplaced.

After buying the entire Twilight 2000 set from somebody who really, really wanted a cigarette, I have been thumbing through it and found it really evocative. I love the setting, I love the modules, and I love the potential for good old-fashioned antisocial fun (pillaging etc). I've managed to hobble together a group of fairly experienced players, and they all seem on-board with the idea. My question is, I haven't examined the rules very closely. I would work off of v. 2.2, which has the advantage of being a much better-looking book, but I haven't spent much time really crunching the rules or doing test combats. My question is, how workable is T2K2.2 as a system? Should I throw it out the window and just run it in Gurps 4? Does anybody have any T2K experiences that they'd like to share?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php...-advice-needed

motion graphics videos

Last edited by kato13; 11-01-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:40 AM

For those wondering, I assume you are using GURPS 4e.

Although for 3e, WWII has templates for infantry, artillery, armor, special ops, etc. soldiers which could easily be ported to 4e and updated to 2000 by adding some Electronics Ops skills, for the most part.

http://copeab.tripod.com
Old 11-01-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeab View Post
For those wondering, I assume you are using GURPS 4e.

Although for 3e, WWII has templates for infantry, artillery, armor, special ops, etc. soldiers which could easily be ported to 4e and updated to 2000 by adding some Electronics Ops skills, for the most part.
There is a home brewed G4E conversion, it's pretty good.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:57 PM

I think v2.2 is eminently workable. I've run it before, and it worked just fine. The Initiative system takes a bit of thinking to wrap one's brain around, but it really works.